Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Upon my honor, I swear

Upon my honor, I do hereby swear to update my blog when my life becomes more stable.  
Here's a quick update (and I can't take too long because I have much to do today):

June: I heard from a congregation that they were interested in having an initial phone interview. Phone interview went well, then talking with the senior pastor went well, then I was on a plane for a weekend long interview that went well.  In knitting, I attended my friend Ariane's wedding. She wore the beautiful shawl that I made for her. Pics are on my ravelry page.

July: I attended my friend Candace's wedding.  She wore a shawl I made for her, but I forgot my camera, so we're waiting to see pictures from the photographer or from her family. The day after the wedding, I heard from the congregation that they called me to be their pastor.

Since then: I have been scurrying around, trying to work on planning for my ordination on August 23rd, finishing up at my CPE residency, and packing up everything.  

We leave tomorrow to drive from California to Canada for my friend Susie's wedding. The shawl is not yet finished.  I may be bringing the blocking wires with me and blocking at the B&B where we're staying, during the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  

Life is flying by. After the wedding, I'm heading to Holden Village for a week long retreat, and then to LA to visit friends, and then back to Berkeley for my ordination.  Woohoo!

You may not hear from me until September when Will and I have settled into the parsonage.  
By the way, there's room for a fiber area in the house and I'll have enough room for a spinning wheel.  And amongst my coworkers in Seattle, there's an accomplished knitter and a spinner.   Yeah!

2 Comments:

Blogger dre_ah said...

I am totally envious of your "Room for fiber". I am starting a wheel spinning class on Thursday and totally think i need one ; ) Can't wait to see pic of your adventures and you will be missed in Berkeley...but now i have some one to visit in Seattle...YEA!!! *hugs* and safe travels

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger k-bomb said...

Yeah for Holden Village:) Have a great time!

Thursday, August 07, 2008 6:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home