Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Wow, it's been 2 months since my last post. I knew it had been a while, but dang!

As you might imagine, it has been a bit busy around here.  Will was accepted at a couple grad schools, so that's great.  We're pretty sure we'll be going to Seattle in the Fall.  With that in mind, I've been working on my paperwork for my new bishop.  The paperwork is exhausting and long. It seems to never end.  I'm hoping to finish this weekend. 

I've had quite the time at work, too.  We've been short-staffed for a while, mostly due to illness and vacations. It means that a lot of the time, I've been visiting only the most critically ill instead of rounding on all my patients.  It makes me sad that I don't get the more light-hearted visits as much these days. 

We also had a 10 day strike at the end of March.  That was long, arduous, and not my favorite thing in the world.  

In knitting, I've been fairly monogamous with my friend Katie's wedding shawl.  It's nearly done, especially since she just gave me leave to omit the frilly edging and to just leave it a plain triangle.  I only have about 6 rows left.  

I'm also working on my friend Christina's rainbow hat with earflaps.  The colors are fun, and I've got to have that done for this Thursday.

I'm going on retreat to Green Gulch in Sausalito in a week and a half, so I should get some good knitting time there.  

I'll post some pics soon- no really, I promise. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home