Crafty as a Serpent

A knit blog with recipes and theological musings interspersed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Abby d'Ambruoso is a Lutheran pastor and interfaith chaplain, currently serving in a variety of ministries in Portland, Maine.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sick-eh-ly

Will has this funny made up word that he uses all the time.  "Sockely".  As in, "Where are my sockelies?" or "These sockelies are very cozy".  As cute as it is, you might think that Will is 5 years old.  But no, the cuteness stayed with him into his (almost) late 20's.  

Well, today, we have a variation on the word.  "Sickely"  is what I am today.  Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat.  And today, I seem to have developed a full blown cold. Fun and delight! 

Last night, instead of going to the gym with my neighbor for our step aerobics class, I stayed home and cast on for Rachel's wedding shawl and watched Nowhere in Africa, which won an Oscar in 2002 for best foreign film.  Watch it and you'll see why.  I was so captivated by the storyline (Jewish family flees Nazi Germany for Kenya and has to adapt and sort out identity issues) that I only got 1 repeat done.  

I also baked a loaf of banana bread and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. And I wrote a verbatim.  That's amazingly productive for a sick day for me. 

Today, I'm home sick again. I am consuming copious amounts of my lemon-honey "tea" (which is really just the juice of half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey, mixed with hot water).  I think it would properly be called a posset.  I'm not sure.  I'll have to look that up. 

Also, K-bomb (and anyone else), you should look into Ravelry.  The waiting list is only a week long now.  

1 Comments:

Blogger k-bomb said...

Brilliant! I totally forgot to sign up! I'll do it now:) Thanks Abs and I hope you start feeling better soon! I got sick after the last youth event and it lasted longer than I wanted it to, but I didn't have any "tea". Maybe next time.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home